Volume XX Chapter 2: Fear

 


Fear

Losing all of me 

Who am I without you? 

Him

Her

Them, 

Us

We 


Each isolated

Insignificant power 


Piled high together. 

Building a tower 

Of frightmares. 


Fear seeping through, 

Growing through my body. 


As the doctors dance around each word 

Your..Cancer...Is..Back 

Strung together 

In pity 

My spirit falls to shambles. 


Fear seeping through, 

Creeping through my home 

Sobbed words spilling 


Onto the floor My ‘ama broken strength. 

Her mom now with her own.

Knowing 

I could never comfort her like ‘Ita could. 


Fear seeping through my, 

Glitching through my phone. 

Them begging me to fight. 


With Panic, I turn to flight 

My nerves 

Deleted with every text 

I always meant to send. 


Fear seeping through my body. 

Words tumbling into the next, 

Pushing me down 


As the chilling waters crash over me. 

Waves of frozen fear 

In the middle of December.

  • Sueitko Zamorano Chavez

Comments