Volume XX: Ch 1: Gratitude

An acknowledgement page

Turned into a chapter.

A chapter dedicated to

All the hidden figures

 

Mi abuela with the angelic wings

And her hijxs that brought me up.

Gently crafting rowboat after rowboat

To aid me from any sinking ship. 

 

Guiding my continued existence.

Answering cries for help

Throwing a lifeline

To a captain overboard.

 

Luchadores, tag teaming

Talking me off a ledge,

With no parachute.

Baiting me down from tree,

With rope in hand.

 

Scraping melted soul off the bathroom floor. 

Pouring purpose back into a fragmented vase,

That once held a bouquet of 

Joy, Amor, Tranquilidad, and Passion

Sowing back up this gaping hole,

Lacing hope into every stitch. 

 

Convos with elders.

Building with community

Letting myself be loved 

Breathing life back into the

Dying flames of my lost passions

-Sueitko Zamorano Chavez

Comments